Determination quotes…. our road to success is full with obstacles. Sometimes luck will help us. But most of the time it’s determination and persistance that will make the difference.
Here’s a list with determination quotes to inspire you when things are tough.
Determination Quotes – overview
Determination Quotes 1 – 10
1. “Victory is the child of preparation and determination.” _Sean Hampton
2. “Part of perseverance is knowing what you want. Indecision is as useful as road signs in Spain written in Dutch.” _Greg Evans
3. “What may be done at any time will be done at no time.” _Scottish Proverb
4. “If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got.” _Albert Einstein
5. “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” _Franklin D. Roosevelt
6. “I do not think that there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature.” _John D. Rockefeller
7. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” _Thomas A. Edison
8. “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.” _Henry Ford
9. “People do not lack strength, they lack will.” _Victor Hugo
10. “The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours – it is an amazing journey – and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.” _Bob Moawad
Determination Quotes 11 – 20
11. “Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal — a commitment to excellence — that will enable you to attain the success you seek.” _Mario Andretti
12. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” _Wayne Gretzky
13. “Willpower is the art of replacing one habit for another.” _Michael Garofalo
14. “If one does not know to which port he is sailing, no wind is favorable.” _Seneca
15. “We are a product of the choices we make, not the circumstances that we face.” _Roger Crawford
16. “Your persistence is your measure of faith in yourself.” _Author Unknown
17. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work.” _Thomas A. Edison
18. “Procrastination is the thief of time.” _Edward Young
19. “Awareness by itself is not enough: it must be joined by mastery. We need gradually to develop a steering ability to keep ourselves from slipping mechanically into this or that sub-personality. Thus we become able to identify with each part of our being as we wish. We can have more choice. It is the difference between being impotently transported by a roller coaster and, instead, driving a car and being able to choose which way to go and for what purpose to make the journey.” _Piero Ferrucci
20. “You are successful the moment you start moving toward a worthwhile goal.” _Charles Carlson
Determination Quotes 21 – 29
21. “The secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life, and in elevating them to art.” _William Morris
22. “A major part of successful living lies in the ability to put first things first. Indeed the reason most major goals are not achieved is that we spend our time doing second things first.” _Robert J. McKain
23. “It’s not that some people have willpower and some don’t. It’s that some people are ready to change and others are not.” _James Gordon
24. “Strength is a matter of the made-up mind.” _John Beecher
25. “Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.”
26. “You must either modify your dreams or magnify your skills.” _Jim Rohn
27. “It’s all right letting yourself go, as long as you can get yourself back.” _Mick Jagger
28. “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work, the more I have of it.” _Thomas Jefferson
29. “Never, never, never, never give up.” _Winston Churchill
New! Here’s a great additional list with resilience quotes – a collection from Maria Frenkel (thank you!)
“Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” —Nora Ephron
“Always aim high, work hard, and care deeply about what you believe in. And, when you stumble, keep faith. And, when you’re knocked down, get right back up and never listen to anyone who says you can’t or shouldn’t go on.” —Hillary Rodham Clinton
“On my own I will just create, and if it works, it works, and if it doesn’t, I’ll create something else. I don’t have any limitations on what I think I could do or be.” —Oprah Winfrey
“Run to the fire; don’t hide from it.” —Meg Whitman, CEO and President ,HP
“If you have an idea, you have to believe in yourself or no one else will.” —Sarah Michelle Gellar, Entrepreneur and Actress
“Power’s not given to you. You have to take it.” —Beyonce
“I had two options. One was to remain silent and never to speak and then to be killed by the terrorists. The second option was to speak up for my rights and then die. And I chose the second one.” —Malala Yousafzai,
“The one person who will never leave us, whom we will never lose, is ourself.” —bell hooks
“Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.” —Helen Keller
“Knowing what must be done does away with fear.” —Rosa Parks
“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” —Amelia Earhart
“You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them.” —Shonda Rhimes
“I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.” —Lucille Ball
“If you don’t risk anything, you risk even more.” —Erica Jong
“I have stood on a mountain of no’s for one yes.” —B. Smith
“Done is better than perfect.” —Sheryl Sandberg
“You can’t give up! If you give up, you’re like everybody else.” —Chris Evert
“What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” —Jane Goodall
“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
“Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay.” —Simone de Beauvoir
“If you’re not making some notable mistakes along the way, you’re certainly not taking enough business and career chances.” —Sallie Krawcheck
“A surplus of effort could overcome a deficit of confidence.” —Sonia Sotomayor
“It’s not the absence of fear, it’s overcoming it. Sometimes you’ve got to blast through and have faith.” —Emma Watson
“We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better.” —JK Rowling
“When you’re through changing, you’re through.” —Martha Stewart
“We need to start work with the idea that we’re going to learn every day. I learn, even at my position, every single day.” —Chanda Kochar
“This journey has always been about reaching your own other shore no matter what it is, and that dream continues.” —Diana Nyad
“If you just set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.” —Margaret Thatcher
“I learned a long time ago that there is something worse than missing the goal, and that’s not pulling the trigger.” —Mia Hamm
And finally, a cool video about success – when your determination has paid off!
Want more quotes? Check out these 75+ awesome quotes!
Like these determination quotes?