Quotes on innovation and creativity are cool! These famous inspirational innovations quotes from Albert Einstein, Steve Jobs, Elon Musk,… inspire use to do great things.
Here’s a list of my favorite famous quotes on innovation and leadership. They are part of my every expanding amazing quotes list. And at the end, you will also find a new list with innovation quotes from Steve Jobs.
I hope they inspire you to do great things and be successful!
BonusDownload a free checklist : download 100 inspirational quotes about leadership, success, goals and change in an easy-to-use banner format.
Inspiration Innovation Quotes: overview
Quotes on Innovation: Infographic
25 Inspirational Innovation Quotes with images
19 Innovation Quotes Steve Jobs
Quotes on Innovation: infographic
Quotes on Innovation: top 25
Here’s a list of my 25 favorite quotes on innovation with easy-to-use images.
1. “If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got.” _Albert Einstein
2. “If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.” _Abraham Maslow
3. “It’s tough when markets change and your people within the company don’t.” _Harvard Business Review
4. “Necessity is the mother of invention.” _Anonymous
5. “We don’t know who discovered water, but we’re certain it wasn’t a fish.” _John Culkin
6. “Ideas won’t keep. Something must be done about them.” _Alfred North Whitehead
7. “The stone age didn’t end because they ran out of stones.” _unknown
8. “Innovation is the ability to convert ideas into invoices.” _L. Duncan
9. “We have approximately 60,000 thoughts in a day. Unfortunately, 95% of them are thoughts we had the day before.” _Deepak Chopra
10. “Ideas are useless unless used.” _T. Levitt
11. “Innovation is anything, but business as usual.”_Anonymous
12. “Creativity is thinking up new things. Innovation is doing new things.” _Theodore Levitt
13. “Swipe from the best, then adapt.” _Tom Peters
14. “Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up.” _Pablo Picasso
15. “A pile of rocks ceases to be a rock pile when somebody contemplates it with the idea of a cathedral in mind.” _Antoine Saint-Exupery
16. “If you want something new, you have to stop doing something old.” _Peter F. Drucker
17. “Creativity is allowing oneself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.” _Scott Adams
18. “Truly creative people care a little about what they have done, and a lot about what they are doing. Their driving focus is the life force that surges in them now.” _Alan Cohen
19. “Don’t be afraid to take a big step when one is indicated. You can’t cross a chasm in two small jumps.” _David Lloyd George
20. “You can’t solve a problem on the same level that it was created. You have to rise above it to the next level.” _Albert Einstein
21. “What we’ve done to encourage innovation is make it ordinary.” _C. Wynett, Procter & Gamble.
22. “Remember, a dead fish can float down a stream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream.” _W.C. Fields
23. “I can’t understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I’m frightened of the old ones.” _John Cage
24. “Intuition will tell the thinking mind where to look next.” _Jonas Salk
25. “The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones.” _John Maynard Keynes
And I recently got this cool innovation quote from Erik Speeckaert (thx!)
Innovation Quotes Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs is an innovation icon. He is known for his creativity, his vision, and his rebellion against the status quo. Steve Jobs and innovation go hand in hand. To look at an Apple product or watch a Pixar movie is looking at innovation executed.
Steve jobs is also know for saying some wise things about innovation. Here’s a list of my favourite inspirational innovation quotes from Steve Jobs:
1. “I’m as proud of many of the things we haven’t done as the things we have done. Innovation is saying no to a thousand things.”
2. “You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.”
3. “Innovation has nothing to do with how many R&D dollars you have. It’s about the people you have, how you’re led, and how much you get it.”
4. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly and get on with improving your other innovations.”
5. “To turn really interesting ideas and fledgling technologies into a company that can continue to innovate for years, it requires a lot of discipline.”
6. “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
7. “That’s been one of my mantras — focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex; you have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple.” _Steve Jobs
8. “I’ve always been attracted to the more revolutionary changes. I don’t know why. Because they’re harder. They’re much more stressful emotionally. And you usually go through a period where everybody tells you that you’ve completely failed.” _Steve Jobs
9. “I think if you do something and it turns out pretty good, then you should go do something else wonderful, not dwell on it for too long. Just figure out what’s next.”
10. “Things don’t have to change the world to be important.”
11. “You’ve got to start with the customer experience and work back toward the technology – not the other way around.”
12. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” _Steve Jobs
13. “Innovation comes from people meeting up in the hallways or calling each other at 10:30 at night with a new idea, or because they realized something that shoots holes in how we’ve been thinking about a problem”
14. “Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while.”
15. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward.”
16. “If you want to live your life in a creative way, as an artist, you have to not look back too much. You have to be willing to take whatever you’ve done and whoever you were and throw them away.”
17. “Don’t let the noise of other’s’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.”
18. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.”
19. “Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently; they’re not fond of rules. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things. They push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” _Steve Jobs
Want to read more about innovation? Check out this guide about setting up the best possible innovation process. It explains the main stages of innovation.
Like these inspirational quotes on innovation?
Great Quotes about Innovation and more
Here’s a PPT document with my 100 favorite quotes in an easy-to-use banner format.
Feel free to share on social media, website, … [a link back to this page would be highly appreciated :-)]