Stress relief quotes or better ‘Quotes about how we can reduce our stress level’ are what you will find here.
Our lives are hectic. We get to process more information in a day than our ancestors in a year. In the UK alone, approximately 5 million people are stressed in their jobs.
But that does not mean we can’t thrive.
Everyone feels stressed from time to time. Some people may cope with stress more effectively or recover from stressful events more quickly than others. Stress is a physical and emotional reaction that people experience as they encounter changes in life. Stress is a normal feeling.
45 Stress Relief Quotes
This list with 45 Stress Relief Quotes will help you to minimize day-to-day stresses and anxieties of modern life and perform at top level.
Stress relief quotes: 1 – 10
1. “The truth is that stress doesn’t come from your boss, your kids, your spouse, traffic jams, health challenges, or other circumstances. It comes from your thoughts about your circumstances.” _Andrew Bernstein, author
2. “Stress is caused by being ‘here’ but wanting to be ‘there.'” _Eckhart Tolle, author
3. “In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.” _Lee Iacocca, American businessman
4. “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.” _Chinese proverb
5. “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” _Epicurus, Greek philosopher, 341-270 BC
6. “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” _Jim Rohn
7. “What you’re supposed to do when you don’t like a thing is change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. Don’t complain.” _Maya Angelou, author and poet
8. “To experience peace does not mean that your life is always blissful. It means that you are capable of tapping into a blissful state of mind amidst the normal chaos of a hectic life.” _Jill Botte Taylor, author
9. “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.” _Wayne W. Dyer, author
10. “Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they’ve started.” _David Allen, author of Getting Things Done
Stress relief quotes: 11 – 20
11. “You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.” _Steve Maraboli, author
12. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” –Amit Ray, spiritual master
13. “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” _William James
14. “Suffering becomes beautiful when anyone bears great calamities with cheerfulness, not through insensibility but through greatness of mind.” _Aristotle, Greek philosopher, 384-322 BC
15. “How we perceive a situation and how we react to it is the basis of our stress. If you focus on the negative in any situation, you can expect high stress levels. However, if you try and see the good in the situation, your stress levels will greatly diminish.” _Catherine Pulsifer, author, glass artist
16. “It’s not stress that kills us, it is our reaction to it.” _Hans Selye
17. “When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere.” _Francois de La Rochefoucauld, French author, 1613-1680
18. “Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stress. Working hard for something we love is called passion.” _Simon Sinek, author and creator of the concept of Start With Why
19. “Worrying won’t stop the bad things from happening, it just stops you from enjoying the good.” _Unknown
20. “I can choose my thoughts.” _Elizabeth Gilbert, author
Stress relief quotes: 21 – 30
21. “Stress is the trash of modern life–we all generate it, but if you don’t dispose of it properly, it will pile up and overtake your life.” _Danzae Pace, author
22. “When you find yourself stressed, ask yourself one question: Will this matter in 5 years from now? If yes, then do something about the situation. If no, then let it go.” _Catherine Pulsifer, author, glass artist
23. “Maturity is achieved when a person accepts life as full of tension.” _Joshua L. Liebman, American rabbi and author
24. “Stress is an ignorant state. It believes that everything is an emergency.” _Natalie Goldberg, American author and speaker
25. “The mark of a successful man is one that has spent an entire day on the bank of a river without feeling guilty about it.” _Chinese philosopher
26. “The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.” _Sydney J. Harris, American journalist
27. “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” _Dalai Lama
28. “Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.” _Robert J. Sawyer, author
29. “There is more to life than increasing its speed.” _Mahatma Gandhi
30. “Nothing is permanent in this wicked world–not even our troubles.” _Charlie Chaplin, British actor and comedian
Stress relief quotes: 31 – 40
31. “Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.” _Benjamin Franklin
32. “When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.” _Winston Churchill
33. “It is not a daily increase, but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessentials.” _Bruce Lee
34. “We can easily manage if we will only take, each day, the burden appointed to it. But the load will be too heavy for us if we carry yesterday’s burden over again today, and then add the burden of the morrow before we are required to bear it.” _John Newton
35. “It’s a good idea always to do something relaxing prior to making an important decision in your life.” _Paulo Coelho
36. “Doing something that is productive is a great way to alleviate emotional stress. Get your mind doing something that is productive.” _Ziggy Marley
37. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.” _Elbert Hubbard
38. “There are thousands of causes for stress, and one antidote to stress is self-expression. That’s what happens to me every day. My thoughts get off my chest, down my sleeves and onto my pad.” _Garson Kanin
39. “For fast-acting relief, try slowing down. “ _Lily Tomlin
40. “Somehow our devils are never quite what we expect when we meet them face to face.” _Nelson DeMille
Stress relief quotes: 41 – 45
41. “A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.” _Aesop
42. “If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles.” _Doug Larson
43. “If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you’ll die a lot of times.” _Dean Smith
44. “Rule number one is, don’t sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it’s all small stuff.” _Robert Eliot
45. “If you ask what is the single most important key to longevity, I would have to say it is avoiding worry, stress and tension. And if you didn’t ask me, I’d still have to say it.” _George Burns
These were my favorite stress relief quotes.
Want more quotes? Check out these 75+ awesome quotes! Including this cool video with my favorite success quotes.
Like these stress relief quotes?